What to eat during pregnancy?
Food consumption during pregnancy is important as it affects both the mom's health as well as the wellbeing and development of the baby.
Due to pregnancy, mom's taste for food might change and start to have different cravings.
In some cases, you might lose appetite due to morning sicknesses.
Sharing some recipes that considers nutritional balance for pregnant women!
Recipes for Pregnant Women
Ingredients (serve 2)
- 200g rice
- 25g dried baby sardines
- 2 eggs
- 40g mizuna (potherb mustard)
- 40g carrot
- 40g daikon radish
- 350ml bonito and kelp broth
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp salt
How to cook
1. Cut mizuna (potherb mustard) into 3cm length, shave carrot and radish into 5cm length with peeler.
2. Boil bonito and kelp broth in a pan, add (1) and dried baby sardines, boil for awhile, then add rice and stir.
3. Mix in soy sauce and salt in (2), add beaten egg and simmer over low heat, covered, until cooked.
During morning sickness, we recommend menu that is easy to eat and digest. Dried Shirasu (baby sardines) and eggs are nutritious and easy-to-digest proteins.
Dried sardines and eggs are nutritious and contain easily digestible protein. You can shorten the cooking time by using easily cooked potherb mustard, carrots and radishes to make them easier to cook.