Folic Acid Recipe
Ingredients (serve 2)
- 2 slices of white bread (8 sliced)
- 2 eggs
- 200ml of milk
- 2 tbs mayonnaise
- 20g dried shirasu (young sardines)
- 20g frozen boiled edamame (peeled)
- 120g frozen spinach
- 1 tbs cheese powder
- 1 tbs salad oil
How to cook
1. Cut bread into 2cm pieces. Thaw the frozen edamame and remove the beans from the pods.
2. Mix the eggs, milk and mayonnaise in a bowl and then add the bread, thawed spinach, edamame and shirasu.
3. Place (1) and (2) in a heat-proof container(gratin dish) with salad oil, sprinkle with cheese powder and bake in a toaster (1000W) for 10-15 minutes until the egg mixture is set. Cover with foil if the surface seems to be burning.
Eggs, spinach, edamame, shirasu, and grated cheese contain a lot of folic acid, all of which are easy to stock and are ingredients that you want to use in various dishes. It's easy to make with excess bread and is also recommended for breakfast.