Beware of gaining too much/not gaining enough weight!
Gaining too much weight during a pregnancy will make you susceptible to pregnancy induced hypertension. However, recent trends have been seeing mothers-to-be that are too slim. It is said that not gaining enough weight will result in not only a smaller infant but also makes you susceptible to lifestyle related diseases. In any case, weight control during gestation is very important.
How much weight gain is normal during pregnancy?
The weight a pregnant woman gains until birth mostly consists of the weight of the infant (fetus), placenta, amniotic fluid and blood. A newborn's average weight is approximately 3 kilograms. It is said that a mother-to-be's body stores up necessary nutrients for birth and breastfeeding during pregnancy as well. In recent time, weight gain calculated according to each individual's pre-pregnancy weight seems to be the most ideal.
Ingredients (serve 2)
- 150g silken tofu
- 20g mizuna
- 80g cherry tomatoes
- 2tbs ponzu sauce
- 2tsp salad oil
- 60g boiled chicken breast
How to cook
1. Cut mizuna into chunks, cut cherry tomatoes in half. Drain the silken tofu and cut into pieces.
2. Mix ponzu sauce with salad oil.
3. Spread mizuna on a plate, top it with tofu, boiled chicken breast (with juice), cherry tomatoes and pour (2) over.
* If using salad chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces.
A simple and refreshing salad with ready-to-eat ingredients.